Pinterest

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Lettered Signs

I've been working on some new signs, and will be adding a really neat function to them.  I can't wait to share these new creations with y'all.  But, due to the frigid COLD weather we've been experiencing, my hubby hasn't been able to cut some of the wood I need.  Here's a "sneak peek"!

Sneak peek at new interchangeable door signs!! 



In the meantime, I wanted to show you what goes into making lettered signs.  I realize that my hand-painted signs are not as inexpensive as some you can find in stores or online.  The difference is that mine are not mass-produced, are hand-painted, and each one is unique!!

Taping, spacing then tracing!




If I find a phrase I'd like to use, I decide whether I should just hand-create the lettering, or do I want a specific font for this sign.  If I want a specific look, I create what I'm envisioning; usually in Word.  I then trace over the letters on my piece of painted wood.

I know this seems a bit complicated, (and yes, it hurts my fingers to press so hard!) but I've discovered I love the almost 3D look it gives my signs.

Tracing the "stencil look" letters







I love how these signs look when finished.  If you have any personalized ideas you'd like done, please let us know!   







 Once I painted the letters, I then made a warm gray paint mixture to create shadowing.  I can't wait to show you the several "new" creations I've been working on!  What fun they have been!




No comments:

Post a Comment